There’s no such thing.
Nope. No such thing as adjusting your audio chain settings for the clients seeking your voice for a COVID delivery (whatever THAT is).
Let’s face it, clients of all stripes are desperately listening gobs of advice in “uncertain times” (tired of THAT phrase yet?). Advertisers, producers, casting directors, agents, producers, creative directors, account executives – hell, all of humankind – is trying to figure out what is an appropriate pitch in today’s topsy-turvy world.
I mean, other reminding you that your audio chain settings should ALWAYS be tweaked to perfection…this blog is not about the kind of stuff George Whittam best handles. I think he would tell you that he’s unaware of ANY preamp settings in ANY cultural upheaval that can answer the need for a better voiceover performance.
No, today’s tongue-in-cheek blog only seeks to re-direct your attention back to the tried and true. Don’t let the audacious activity you see on your TV screen distract you from the reality demanded of today’s hard working voice talent professionals, trying to keep the books balanced.
So while there is no magical COVID-19 Preamp settings, there are some reliable and valid freelance voiceover business practices that will still see you through difficult times:
- practice, practice, practice
- utilize aggressive marketing strategies
- maintain disciplined adherence to goals
- make quick responses to auditions
- build client referrals
- get solid coaching
- follow established business practgices
- refresh your demos
- maintain good relationships always
- prospect new opportunities with hustle
- keep up with industry trends
- join World-Voices Organization®
- get mentoring, give as a mentor
- maintain the latest software/hardware tweaks
- update your brand/website/newsletter
- seek solid feedback from qualified colleagues
- set goals, break them down to small bits, and achieve them
There’s more. What am I forgetting? Add your suggestions in the comment section.
Bottom line: Don’t let fleeting election year BS draw you away to endless and (almost always) empty dialog in online forums. Refocus your priorities into your business. Believe me when I say today’s seemingly URGENT events often fade and give way to more practical ways eventually. It may be 2021 until it happens, but do you really want your business to go to hell in a handbasket in the meantime?
Forget the preamp…get amp’d into your business.