A rich, malleable baritone that’s even, conversational and consistent. Adept at discerning the author’s intent. Commercial voices, character voices, and narrations for all applications, projects and presentations that require voice excellence.
- 30 years voice and on cam experience
- Private studio for quick turnaround
- ISDN, Source-Connect, FTP, Skype, phone patch
- A reputation built on honesty & integrity
They say true Midwesterners are coveted for speaking positions, because their delivery is unaffected by accents, twangs, regionalisms, or nagging dialects.
If that’s true, Dave fits the bill. He was brought up on an honest-to-goodness crop farm in Central Illinois, and aside from being gifted with a good speaking voice, Dave understands the ethic of hard work and persistence.
- Graduated Greenville, IL High School 1970
- University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana 1970-1975
- Bachelor’s in Education Phys.Ed/Biology
- Graduate School, Univ of IL 1975-1977
- MS in Exercise Physiology
- Graduated KIIS Broadcasting Workshop, Los Angeles 1979
- KCCC Radio, Carlsbad, NM 1979-1980
- KEXO Radio, Grand Jct. CO 1980-1981
- KJCT-TV (ABC) Grand Jct., CO 1981
- WLFI-TV (CBS), W. Lafayette, IN 1981
- KFVS-TV (CBS), Cape Girardeau, MO 1981-1984
- WFMY-TV (CBS), Greensboro, NC 1984-1985
- KVBC-TV (NBC), Las Vegas, NV 1985-1998
- (back to) KFVS-TV, Cape Girardeau, MO 1998-2003
- KLAS-TV (CBS), Las Vegas, NV 2003 to present
Here’s my audio chain:
- Sennheiser MKH-416 P48 with pop filter and boom mic stand
- Aphex 230 Master Voice Channel
- Lexicon I-Onix U42S Desktop Recording Interface
- Digidesign M-Audio ProTools 7.4cs
- Digital Audio Workstation with 8 Gig RAM, 1 TeraByte HD, 2 X 2 2.66Mghz Intel Core-2 Duo, Windows 7
- Broadband Cable WiFi Internet
- Alesis MultiMix8 USB mixer and effects EQ
- M-Audio Fast Track Pro
- Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio V 9.0 software
- Source Elements Source-Connect 3.0
- Telos XStream ISDN
The 4′ X 5′ room is covered in 2″ Auralex StudioFoam, and I use Sennheiser Headphones. AltecLansing tweeters and woofers Canon PIXMA photo printer and all the USB HD space I need
- CALL ME! 702.610.6288 Dictate your copy to me
- E-MAIL ME: CourVO@CourVO.com — send the copy
- I record what you need in minutes in my private studio.
- I edit the soundfile, clean it up, time it, and add effects if you want
- I convert the file to whatever format you want.
- I e-mail you the file in an attachment
- I send you the file to your ftp site
- I send the file to a secure 3rd-party site
- I burn a CD, and send it overnight FedEx
- As a happy customer, you pay me, and call me for another job soon!
Call to negotiate for your unique needs.
In fairness to you….
There are so many variables between projects, and so many ways of calculating time spent, word-count, studio time, and post-production… not to mention editing, that I reserve the right to negotiate with you on a case-by-case basis the value of your project, and my time.
I’m easy to get along with, and aim to please, so…LET’S DISCUSS IT!
I will tell you that my area of top expertise is on-camera work, so that scale will be higher for YOU getting the best!
- Call me: 702.610.6288
- E-mail me: CourVO@CourVO.com
- Skype: Call courvo
- Social Media: Reach me through Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, SoundCloud and many others social networks
- Represented by – Voice Talent Productions