No, this is not a blog about invoicing and expecting to be paid in 90 days.
This is a blog about YOUR 90-day notice that the end of the year is at hand.
I take no joy in being the messenger, here. Sheesh! it seems just like yesterday that I was freezing my toes off in a 2-hour live broadcast on New Year’s Eve from the Las Vegas strip. It’s still in the upper-90’s in Southern Nevada…so that makes it particularly hard to believe there only 12 weeks left to 2015.
Now, here it is on the cusp of October, and that’s a wake-up call for the procrastinator in all of us.
Below is a short-list of reminders that may have 90-day deadline relevance for your VO business…or you could look at it as a “no, it’s not too late” list of things that you could still achieve from your 2015 new-year’s resolution list.
- Have you backed-up your valuable doc and audio files lately?
- What software renewals do you need to make?
- You can still grab some coaching lessons.
- Are you in a Mastermind or start-up group yet?
- What conferences are still available in the next 3 months?
- Have you checked your marketing ROI numbers yet?
- Is it time to fire some hi-maintenance, low-paying clients?
- When’s the last time you updated your social media profiles?
- Would a virtual assistant help with some undesirable end-of-year tasks?
- How long has it been since you talked to your accountant about end-of-year/tax year planning?
- Got equipment you haven’t used in 6 months? Sell it.
- Now’s the time to update or clean-up your email list.
- Followed up with that agent prospect yet?
- Get an audio-chain, audition evaluation.
- Join WoVO (if you haven’t already)
- Set a master-plan for 2016 NOW.
- The best talent still seek a mentor.
- What invoices are unpaid from July/August?
- Does your business plan need revamping?
I could go on and on. Maybe this attitude could best be summarized by jumping outside your typical daily routine…taking a deep breath, and lifting your head long enough to see the big picture from a broad view. What was that ONE THING you definitely wanted to achieve in 2015? Not completed yet?
What did I miss? Got something to add to the list?