Not everyone in voice over land believes social networking is a valuable way to market, promote, find clients, or build valuable relationships. That’s OK. I’m no expert.
But I do believe social networking is a valuable way to market, promote, find clients, or build valuable relationships.
Social Media is a moving and trending target though, and it’s easy to get behind. Once in a while, I come across someone else’s work that’s just too spot-on NOT to share.
Yes, I wish I’d written it myself, but since I didn’t, I feel I must support good work. No?
So, here is a list of 34 SOCIAL MEDIA TRUTHS IN A NUTSHELL, posted by Pam Moore on SocialMediaToday.com a few days ago. (a link to the full article is below the list).
- People don’t buy things, they join things.
- Communities Create Markets.
- Be Your Own Social duck!
- It’s not about the next big thing.
- Lead with results.
Welcome to the inspiration age. (Heartbeat of social media)
Social Currency = action.
- It’s what happens after the Facebook like and follow that matters most.
- Don’t do social, be social. Changed later to “Don’t do social or be social, be socially relevant!”
Social media plugs into your business. Your business does not plug into Facebook.
- SMART Objectives and goals are key to success.
Align social media with top business goals where social media can have an impact.
- Be realistic.
Objectives differ by level and role. (Tips for communicating with internal and external stakeholders.)
Assess business readiness to be social.
- Stop Random Acts of Marketing (RAMs)
- Tools are the tactics, not the path.
Evaluate each initiative based on priority, risk, impact and alignment.
- Sum of all parts is greater than the individual tools (learn the ecosystem).
- Social relationships are the life raft for technological changes.
It’s about the people, stupid!
- Only guarantee is change.
- Deal with the hard stuff NOW!
- Skeletons will fall out of the closet.
- Social media will not fix your broken business.
- Slow down to speed up.
- You will tick people off.
- You might even get fired!
- Your kid may be ugly. (i.e., website, blog, Twitter profile, Facebook page)
- Ya’ gotta start somewhere. Embrace imperfect perfection.
- Understand your audience.
- All conversations are not created equal.
- Hang out with 9 brokes, you just might be the 10th!
- You need friends.
- Stop using interruption marketing tactics.
- Know your audience.
- Use social media to solve your customer’s problems.
- Talk to me like I am human.
- It’s not about YOU!
- Measure the right stuff.
- Take time to tame the social media beast.
- Shape up or ship out!
I like #17 and #31 particularly.
Now, here’s the link to the original article: http://socialmediatoday.com/pammoore/706241/34-social-media-truths-nut-shell?utm_source=smt_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter
Have a great weekend!