Luckily, I didn’t have to beg too hard, ’cause at every turn, I’ve gotten nothing but cooperation and generous donations for prizes that go above and beyond.
James Alburger and Penny Abshire of the VOICE2012 and VoiceActing Academy fame are not only offering a performance coaching session, a consultation on home studio, or help with marketing that can be done in person at our studio or over the telephone…but they’re also premiering their new business logo during the September VOAT event.
The newest participant helping with a crazy-good prize package is Harlan Hogan’s VoiceOver Essentials. As you know Harlan has provisioned many a voice-actor’s home studio with his 1-A Signature Series microphone (available on the site), but his development of the Porta-Booth Pro and Porta-Booth Plus has been THE answer for mobile recording. But (lucky us) just as we’re about to launch VOAToday for 2012…Harlan is launching his new 3rd-generation Porta-Booth Pro…hot off the production line!
Harlan is obviously proud of this baby, and sent along the following features list:
- Only 7 pounds / rugged 600 denier fabric – New!
- 120% larger than the Porta-Booth Plus ®
- Unique sonic stage “Auditorium” design
- Includes heavy-duty travel bag with zippered exterior storage pocket
- Auralex Studiofoam® covers all interior surfaces – New!
- Two way zippered bottom and rear slots for shot-gun mics, cables & boom arms
- Anti-sway strap & Booth Lifter for boom arm mounting – New!
- Pre-slit bottom foam provides a solid base for desktop mic stands
- Articulated Script-Clip LED light with 2 mounting pouches
- Four diagonal corner straps add rigidity
- Assembles in seconds – Just close two zippers
- Fleece audio hood for extra noisy environments
- Air travels as checked or carry-on luggage
- Assembled: 20″ High x 21″Wide x 16″ Deep
- Folded: 21″ High x 21″ Wide by 7″ Deep
One of these 3rd-generation Porta-Booth Pros is on our prize list, and will go to a lucky winner, just for participating in our Q & A format each week. (winners chosen at random, be sure to include your email for awarding of prizes)
Beyond that, Harlan is also including a patented ABS – Adjustable Boom Stop. As you know today’s boom arm stands use a ten cent washer to keep the boom from falling, inevitably they fail and many a mic is ruined – this little invention is cheap protection for your mic and also allows your favorite height and angle to be marked for an instant re-set.
All that, and you won’t believe the prizes that the guys from EWABS are showering on this event. More about that in the days ahead.
You’ll want to check it out beginning labor Day, Sept. 3rd at VOAToday.com. Your comment automatically enters you into the drawing for prizes.