World-Voices Organization Launches

by | Apr 26, 2012 | VO Business | 26 comments

For those of you who were unsure what the fallout from SaVoa would mean to your accreditation, we have some official announcements to make:

1) World-Voices.org is now incorporated, chartered, officers chosen, and a website up and running.
2) Non-profit status is practically completed, as are the proposed by-laws.
3) Our unique tierd-structure of membership is being brainstormed, and we seek your input.
4) We’re dropping the word “accreditation” and will be using “certification” instead.
5)  We’ve already sunk hundreds of our own dollars into these moves, and I think that means we’re serious.

Some Voice-Actors didn’t give a hoot abSout SaVoa, and while we respect that point-of-view, we ask only that you come with an open mind to what we have to offer with our new concept for a true GUILD of voice over professionals.  Members helping members raise the standard of competency within the profession.

Our founders are Dustin Ebaugh, Dan Lenard, Chris Mezzolesta, Robert Sciglimpaglia, Andy Bowyer, “Kat” Keesling, and myself.   All are SaVoa ex-patriates.  With certain obstacles out of our way, we’ve been able to organize, conceptualize, implement, and carry-out an amazing array of technical, foundational, and legal collaborations in just a matter of days.

Below is our official News Release. It’s important to read — if, for nothing else — to see our official pithy-sounding verbatim quotes!  🙂

Please note the web address, and the email addresses for sending us ideas, comments, criticisms, or other notes.

We’ll have much more to tell you in the coming days.

__________________________________________

For immediate release:  Wednesday April 25, 2012

World-Voices Organization Is Founded.
Freelance Voice Artists To Have Their Own Industry Association.

Las Vegas, NV.   World-Voices – a member-driven and member-controlled organization — will set standards of professional quality and skill to produce recorded audio in a home environment for the expanding commercial market. It will also serve as a guild to train voice artists on how to attain those standards.

Advancing technological changes in digital audio recording, and the ability to produce that audio in a home based setting, is prompting rapid growth to the voice-over business.  With the growth of this new cottage industry, the Founders of a new VO association and guild representing freelance voice artists who work out of their homes announce the opening of World Voices Organization.  (World-Voices.org)

Founding President, Dustin Ebaugh says “…It was time to create a certification organization for the members, run by the members and existing to serve only the members.”

Mr. Ebaugh and the other founders — five other respected members of the world -wide community of home based voice over artists — filed their not-for-profit incorporation documents today in Nevada.  A website presence is imminent, and invitations will go out in public notices for people to join.

The newly established World-Voices Organization will also actively work to promote certified members to potential voice seekers through its website and in an aggressive marketing campaign.  Materials explaining a proposed structure will be posted on the website.

Founding Executive Vice President, Dave Courvoisier says “All of us organizing members have well-worn experience in another group that failed to value the deep well of member resources.  We plan to use that strength in collaboration, and we’re excited about helping others.”

“The home-based voice over industry has grown exponentially in the last 5 years.” says Founder Dan Lenard, VP of Technical Standards. “And its not just commercials on radio and TV.  Businesses use of the Internet for advertising and promotion via their websites, a changing audiobook publishing industry, and the rapidly expanding use of computer E-Learning material via the Internet also has created a demand for talented voice artists.  Voice artists who can cost effectively create the audio at home for this are in great demand.”

CONTACT:

[email protected]

Dustin Ebaugh, President [email protected]nebaugh.com

Dave Courvoisier, Executive Vice President [email protected]

Dan Lenard, Vice President of Technical Standards [email protected]

Chris Mezzolesta, Vice President of Membership [email protected]

Kathleen Keesling, Secretary/Treasurer [email protected]

Andy Bowyer, Founding Member [email protected]

Legal Counsel:  Robert Sciglimpaglia  [email protected]

Comments

comments

1. Jodi Krangle

I for one, would love to hear more when you’re ready to accept members, Dave. I think this is a great thing you’re all doing and I want to be a part of it. 🙂

2. Rick Lance

As I’ve expressed to Dan Lenard, I’m in support of this new organization.
    My only concern is, are you all moving too fast? I understand the need for non-profit status, officers, infrastructure, etc. I’m sure that part of the organization of this group was going on quietly behind the scenes for a while. I assume that by laws have been established as it’s a requirement for achieving non-profit certification. I won’t burden anyone with too many questions at this time, however, there is a danger in haphazardly creating a group too hurriedly.

I’m patiently waiting for further word on the group and offer my assistance if needed.

Dave, thanks again for keeping us informed!

3. Ann M Richardson

Ironic to see this, as just this week I was researching SaVoa, seeking to solidify my professional status by becoming an accredited member. I am interested in your progress, and also offer any help I can. I have broad administrative support experience, and you may need help with some of the details… I’m at your service.
    Ann

Ann,

I guess our timing was good then? Thanks for offering your help…it might just be a Godsend to us. I’ll pass it along and we’ll be in touch.

best,

4. Martha Mellinger

Thank you to those working hard to strengthen our industry!

Martha,

You have no idea how much those words of support mean to us. The last week has been tough.

We look forward to having you in our Guild.

5. ccpetersen

You might want to fix that typo up there where it says “tired-structure” under 3).

Best of luck with the new organization.

C.C. Petersen

Woops!….corrected.

Thanks so much CC….we appreciate your support.

6. Rpy Bunales

This is fantastic news! I patiently await the moment when you are accepting talent. I’m in. Thank you for all you do for the voice-over community.

Roy,

Having the support of a guy like you means everything… thanks for offering your support. We will be in touch for sure!

7. Tom Leigh Knight

Quick question: (perhaps a dumb one, sorry!) but will current SaVoa members be grandfathered into the new group? Or is this a total dissolution, starting over from scratch? (SaVoa #11027)

Thanks!

-Tom

Tom,

We’ve talked about this quite a bit, and it seems only fair to admit all SaVoa members without question. However, this is not just SaVoa with a new name. We are planning a tierd membership structure with different standards for certain tiers and niches. It’s not as complicated as it sounds, and we’re not nearly done figuring it out. We’d love your input on this process.

See our docs at: http://www.world-voices.org/documents to download, read, and make comment back to us.

But great question, and it makes perfect sense, since SaVoans were the ones who put up with the INactivity of that group, that they should get first crack at the new paradigm.

We’ll keep you in the loop. Thanks, Tom!

8. Brian Page

You’ve piqued my interest, let me know more when there’s more to know.

Brian.

Thanks, Brian…

Your name’s just been added to a short list of interested member prospects. We’ll keep you in the loop…just be patient while we do this thing right!

9. David Gavin

Excellent news Dave… and what a lineup for your board!
    Something tells me this team is going to skyrocket.
    Congratulations!

David,

I appreciate your rallying us on! We hope you’ll be interested enough to join us. We’re gonna do it right with everybody’s help!

10. I M

With prayers, blessings and best wishes! Thanks for ALL that ALL of you are doing! God bless! A ‘Quadri-lingual'(?)

11. Debbie Irwin

Where you lead, I will follow!

Our founding fathers (and mum!) are some of the most dedicated, generous people I know in the business.

Thank you, each of you, for this tremendous effort to create a home where we’re not alone, and a guild with the purpose to build.

Build it and they will come.
    Prepare for the avalanche!

Debbie

P.S. Even God took a rest on the 7th day. Hopefully you all will get yours as well!!

Thanks, Deb…

It means a lot to know you’re along with us! We hope to come as close as we can to getting it right…with everyone’s help.

…and I DID get some rest this weekend.

Hope you are well!

12. Juliette Gray

I’d love to know about anything new and innovative that doesn’t just kick the can down the road. We need it badly and it sounds like you are approaching this in a very organized professional way.

Thanks Juliette…

After an early rush to incorporate and do some legal stuff, we’re slowing down enough to take the input we need from everybody to do it right.

We’ll keep you in the loop!

13. Joe Van Riper

OK… now I know more about what Dan wanted to talk to me about.

You’ve all been very, very busy this April! Just let me know if there is anything I can do to help. …And thanks for caring.

Joe,

Your name keeps coming up again and again. We’d love for you to consider helping us out. We need the kind of expertise you have.

I hope you’ll consider returning a call to Dan. No pressure…but since you offered…we’re accepting!!!

best to you,

14. Sean O. Shea

Caught you and Dustin on EWABS on U-stream. Great info!! Love the certification idea. Can’t wait to here more. Bookmarked the “Guilds” web-site.

I agree with Debbie.
    Look out for the avalanche!!!

Best wishes,
    Sean O. Shea

15. Gabriel Oldenburg

Dear Dave,

I receive the new through Voice Over Professional group in LinkedIn. I am a Venezuelan citizen living in Santiago, Chile, and I am currently working as voice over professional for Spanish speaking market, starting my home based business. I am really interested in any information about this initiative in order to be in contact and consider the possibility of an international membership.

I really appreciate your kind attention. All the best wishes for you and the WVO team!

Gabriel Oldenburg

Gabriel,

We’re very happy you’ve found us. We have your name on a short list of interested members, and we’ll be sure to notify you when things get a bit more certain.

Thanks!