Why is the year divided in “quarters”, instead of “thirds”? Well, if we DID have 3RDS…this is the end of the second one!
I call it the advent of the -EMBER months. (with the exception of October).
Regardless, the end of Summer and the onset of the busy fall season always brings two emotions for me: excitement and mild panic. I love the change of the seasons, and September signals the end of what can typically be doldrums of Summer business. When school starts (as it does here in Vegas today), people for some reason get more serious about their enterprises, and the marketplace always seems to heat up. That’s the excitement.
The mild panic is in recognition of the fact that there are only four months left to the year, and my procrastinations are mounting!
The ole “to-do” list is too long…and it’s the 3rd or 4th to-do list I’ve started!
Here are a few suggestions for countermanding the unfinished items piling up in your VoiceOver business:
- Who among your clients are dragging their feet with payments? Maybe a gentle reminder is in order.
- Are you keeping up-to-date with accounting? Better done incrementally now, than all-at-once next tax season!
- Time to dust-off the demo?…maybe upgrade it to something with more modern content?
- What cold-calls, emails, mailers, or other prospective-client approaches are left undone right now?
- Have you engaged with ANY coaching this year? There are still plenty of opportunities to reserve a place.
- Needed Software upgrades?…and when’s the last time you backed-up your hard drive?
- Have you reached out in service lately?…volunteering your time, talents, or resources to a pro-bono cause?
- Is this when you will finally update that head-shot, bio, and newsletter?
- Are your Social Media profiles current? Nothing will peg you as “clueless” than to have something out-of-date with THAT.
- Have you asked a trusted sound engineer to evaluate the quality of your day-to-day sound lately?
I could go on…but you probably have your OWN list of neglected duties. I hope this may have jogged your mind a little.
Share. What have I missed that we could all benefit from?