NY is advertising central. LA is Hollywood. NY is legacy. LA is totally…like…you know…laid back.
If you heart NY, you might find yourself out of your element auditioning VO jobs in LA. Kudos to David Goldberg at Edge Studio for seeing the opportunity here, and finding the right person to help bridge the cultural divide.
Read below-the-fold, you East-Coast-types, for dates/times and info on a planned day-long workshop to take advantage of West Coast idiosyncrasies.
*ONE DAY SPECIAL EVENT!*
SECRETS TO VOICE OVER SUCCESS
L.A.’s top Voice Over Casting Director reveals booking secrets!
Mary Lynn Wissner, owner/casting director at Voices Voicecasting!
Being bi-coastal has never been easier! Voice over actors working between NY and LA know each city has its own style and routine. Auditioning between each city can be a completely different game. If you want to expand your horizons and get the inside scoop on the LA market, this event will give you insights, techniques and the tools necessary to get your voice heard and booked, in both markets!
– Bridging the gap between LA & NY, what to expect
– Who’s Who in LA Voice Over: agents, casting directors, producers, animation, games, film; learn what they’re looking for: auditions, demos, what to do, and not do!
– Get practical skills while in the recording booth, directed by a busy LA Casting Director, learn what the top VO talent do to stand out and book!
– Learn the popular directions and styles producers are looking for.
– Get critical information on maintaining a bi-coastal relationship with NY/LA voice over agents, casting directors and producers.
– Setting up your home studio, what you need, marketing, auditioning and standing out!
Mary Lynn Wissner, Voice Over Casting Director and Owner, Voices Voicecasting in Los Angeles for 19 years, has cast thousands of voices for tv, radio, animation, film, games, and audiobooks.
Saturday, August 1st 2009 9am-5pm Hosted by Edge Studio 307 Seventh Ave, Ste 1007, New York, NY, 10001
Limited to 15 participants only! $495 (includes lunch and materials) DISCOUNTED! Sign up before July 24th, get 20% off! — $396 for a jam packed event!
**To reserve your space, email: [email protected] or